Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quickie!

I haven't downloaded the picture, but I do have a recipe to post for you. When I was supposed to go up to Middleburgh this weekend, I put a whole tank of gas in my car and made s'mores squares. Knowing the level of intoxication that was most likely to be present at the gathering, I figured it may be safer to make a rice crispy square style s'mores treat than have drunk boys trying to roast marshmallows. Here is the recipe:

1/4 cup margarine
1 bag marshmallows
1 bag chocolate chips
1 box Golden Grahams

Microwave margarine until it is melted, or just leave it on the counter in the summer - either way works. Dump the marshmallows in the bowl, toss to coat with melted margarine, microwave for 45 seconds then stir. Dump half the chocolate chips in, microwave for another 45 seconds, stir. Dump the rest of the chocolate chips in, microwave 20 seconds, stir.

Dump in the whole box of Golden Grahams in the bowl and stir until its all mixed together. Then, pour the mixture into a 13"x9" pan that has been lined with buttered tinfoil, butter your hands and use them to pat the mixture into as even a layer as possible. Wait 15 minutes, and then dig in! Supper tasty treats!

I am sure I am not the first person to come up with this recipe, but I mean you no copy write infringement if you are the one who has copyrighted it, it was just a clever idea I spontaneously had while shopping at le Tar-jay. Pictures of how fantastic and tasty this looks will be posted as soon as I download pictures onto the laptop again. Knitting content to follow also!

No comments: