Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Did 'Ya Miss Me?

Cause heaven knows I missed the wonderful tubes of the internet!

I had a lovely trip to see my family, filled with lots of sleeping, , family togetherness and Mr. Kendall being a good dog (seriously, no sarcasm there). HNB and I are going back up there together this upcoming weekend so he can meet my family (!) and I am thinking things will go fantastically well. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Of course, as usual, I brought my camera but didn't really take any pictures. You would be correct in thinking all the pictures I did take are of my dog, so when I have time to download them to my computer, you will be regaled with cute photos of my four legged baby. I misses him because he stayed for an extended vacation at his Gramma and Grampa's house. It just didn't make sense to bing him home for four days and then bring him back up there and have him stay there without me [HNB and I are getting a hotel - two double beds of course ; ) - so Mr. Kendall has to stay with my parents because they don't allow dogs] next weekend. I figured he could enjoy being a country dog for the week and I could sleep in a little bit in the mornings!

Before I forget, this week's WWWdotWEDNESDAYdotCOM is for Etsy.com which is a uber-wonderful website where crafty peoples make things and then sell them. It's kind of like an online craft market, and is filled with all sorts of wonderful ideas and pieces and truth be told, I could spend a lot of time (and money!) there. Last night I made a purchase, and I can't wait for my stuff to get here (don't worry, I promise I will take pictures when it arrives!).

On to the knitting. Last post, I realize was all about the "yarn stash" problem, but I feel in the ten minutes I have to finish posting this before I need to leave for work, we should discuss the alarming problem of the number of things I have on my needles, i.e. the number of current projects I am working on. Off the top of my head, I can think of no fewer than nine unfinished projects I am currently working on:
  1. My parent's Christmas mitre square afghan
  2. Purple socks for my Mom
  3. Baby blanket for BFF Erika
  4. Teddy Bear for Jennica
  5. Rainbow Opal socks for me
  6. Lavender Mittens
  7. Pink and white cotton baby hat
  8. Jennica's baby sweater
  9. Knitting for Peace messenger bag
Add to this the fact that the yarn was delivered to me yesterday for my fist contracted knitting assignment, and it is Cashmerino and I must stat knitting with it straightaway, and that combines for a pretty full bag of knitting tricks. Problem is I have so much yarn now, that I want to cast on for even more projects and I am a fickle, fickle knitter who has no control of herself. I fear becoming the knitter who has projects she forgot about casting on and then finds them years later and doesn't remember what they are.

For all of these reasons, sometime in the near future, a fair and honest inventory will be taken of all current projects, along with a "status check" of the craft closet. This will involve photo documentation as well as the welcoming of public admonishment for my shameful knitting ways. I fear public humiliation is the only thing that can save me now.

Well, I am off to work, and I have a bag FULL of tricks to knit with today ; )

Peace out kiddies and Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok the Wednesday.com was out of this world. I bought 3 things for me and a birthday present for my niece. This is now saved to my favorites