Friday, July 6, 2007

A Post to Say I Posted

I had grand plans for getting a bazillion things accomplished today. Because of the July 4th holiday, a lot of the people at work who do the 11:30-8:00 shift took the week off, so I had the opportunity to go in late today. HNB works late on Thursday nights, so he wasn't coming over last night. I came home from work, went to le Tarjay and spent a lot of $$ buying things to organize my office.

See, I got rid of my old office configuration a few months ago, and they way I changed it to just wasn't cutting it. So, I bought a lovely 6' folding banquet table for $34, combined it with the 4' long card table I have already been using to store my printer and paper accessories, and made an office!

View from the front:
And view from the side:

Yes, you may have noticed the purple bumper sticker that says "Save the Uterus." Feel free to ask me about it sometime!

Well, I really enjoy my new office space, and it feels good to have a large flat surface to work off of again. The desk is a little messy and the carpet needs to be vacuumed (it never occured to me to wait to take the pictures until after I had done these things), but I think that it will work out just fine for me. Grad school is supposed to be starting soon, and I am going to need some place to be smart ; )

Oh, so on to the bazillion things. Had to go to Target, make some cupcakes, do some laundry, a whole whack of cleaning (see above), and then there was the feather in my cap...I had to call Vonage to shut off my phone service with them because quite frankly it sucks.

Now, I work as a customer service rep, I understand the reps have NOTHING to do with the hold time, but when I have been waiting for 35 minutes to cancel my sevice becuase their website wasn't working properly, and then some boy who sounded like he would have been scared of his own shadow starts trying to get me to keep my service, well, lets just say gentle blog readers, it wasn't one of my finer moments.

But you know what, I don't feel sorry. Confidence is a trait I demand in people, and those that don't have it can make up for it by being either smart or cute. Yohan (yes, seriously his name was Yohan), may have been very cute, but over the phone, you just can't tell, so therefore nothing saved him from me unleashing a very un-knitterly flurry of not nice-ness, which, I must say, might not have happened had I been knitting while on hold instead of cleaning.

Moral of the story is, I am late for work, and because of the karmic cycle of the world, I will probably get screamed at all day by cranky old people. Or perhaps, my loudness was me balancing the karma of all the times I have calmly and patiently talked the elderly people off the ledge of crankiness ans back into the warm confines of niceness.

Yeah, thing about that karma wheel, you never know which way it's turning.

Enjoy your weekend, and if you are an old person calling your insurance company today, remember that I am confident, smart and cute, so please don't yell at me, okay??!!

No comments: