Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In the Abscence of HNB...

...I find myself unable to sleep.

It is after midnight, normally I am well on my way to sleepy time. Not so much tonight.

My darling overindulged in the Labatt Blue like only he can, and he had to spend the night at his friend's house in Saratoga. I much prefer this to his driving home (or me going to pick him up and then having to bring him back up there to get his truck), but still, my mind wants to go to sleep and my body wont let me.

I went to dinner tonight with my lawyer friend, we had a lovely time, and then I went to get groceries.

At 9:30 at night.

By myself.

I had to bring all the bags up to my apartment (normally HNB goes with me and carries the bags for me because that's how he rolls, that, and most of the food is for him). I put all the groceries away, cleaned out the fridge and freezer, did the dishes, ran the dishwasher, did a load of laundry (and folded it!) and made a pot of organic black bean soup in the crock pot (did I mention I started with dry beans and had to soak and cook them???!!).

Now, its way past my bed time. I am hoping I will fall into bed in a minute or two and drift soundly to sleep, but I don't think so. I love having him here, but I'm not so in love with the being so used to him being here that I can't fall asleep without him. I guess this is what people do though...they get used to being with people, and they depend on them and then that's how a real relationship is deepened and strengthened.

All I know is my HNB is sleeping on some couch tonight, and I will fall asleep eventually in my uber-comfy bed with my dog snuggled up behind my arse or up against my belly, wishing that HNB was here and thinking how wonderful it will be when I see him again.

That
, and I am such a girl.

Sweet dreams people of the inter-tubes...I am off to Ambien land!

PS - The application was submitted at 11:05 pm...at least I got something done in the absence of HNB besides domestical crap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My MB took his motorcycle to Uncle Ryan's. He decided to have a few beers. When he drinks any sort of alcohol no matter how little he will not ride his motorcycle. This is a good thing. However, this meant he was staying on a couch too. I felt the same way you did. It was weird.