Sunday, April 1, 2007

Oops! I ALmost Forgot!

I sooooo almost forgot to blog today's 5 grateful things list...that would have been pretty stinky of me. Sorry for the late post, but I have been busy doing not a whole heck of a lot. As we speak, I am actually on hold with Time Warner cable to inquire what the procedure/cost would be of me obtaining cable.

I am weak.

I am obsessed.

I am aware of these two qualities in myself and am working on making peace with them.

What can I say, you all know I love the Shieldy goodness, even more than I loathe Time Warner cable.

Anywho...5 Things I am Grateful for:

1. Paper and ink... I went yesterday to Staples to get a paper shredder, some plain white paper and an ink cartridge. All basic, tax deductible supplies. Didn't think much of it, until I loaded them into the car and realized that it would be that ink cartridge and that paper which would become the final version of my novel as I send it out to publishers and agents. I am that close, I just need to get my arse in gear and do it. Realizing this about that paper and that ink cartridge yesterday may have just been the kick I need.

2. Spring rain...Not so much because it will bring flowers later, I just really love when it starts raining in the spring and it isn't the freezing cold rain that makes you wish it was snowing instead. I wouldn't classify the rain we are currently experiencing as "warm," but it sounds nice outside, and it is warm enough that I can have the window open to listen to it and not be cold. Good enough for me!

3. New massage clients...There is just something so nice about working with someone for the first time; of having them decide they think enough of you as a professional to trust you to perform bodywork on them. Possible one of my favorite things about doing massage.

4. Relaxing Sunday afternoons...I spent most of today surfing blog to blog looking for WWWdot WEDNESDAYdotCOM fodder, and came across a lot of good blogs. Kinda makes me wonder if people do that and come across my blog and think I am cool, you know what I mean? At any rate, it was a very relaxing way to spend the late afternoon until I fell asleep in the knitting chair with El Perro Malo's stinky dog butt in my face. Don't ask.

5. Realizing Time Warner sucks monkey toes...to have BASIC cable, it costs almost $52 a month, and that's without any premium channels. PLUS a $27 hookup charge AND I would have to be home for them to do the installation. Um, no! There will be no Vic Mackey goodness flowing trough my cable lines any time soon. This is what people invented YouTube for anyway, right? I would not mind having to pay to watch the shows I want, but there's no way in hell I am paying that kind of $ to watch ONE FRICKIN' SHOW!!! Seriously people, I have yarn I need to buy. I must keep my priorities straight, after all. My judgement may be clouded, but I am not blind here. Sheesh!

No comments: