Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Knitting Without a Pattern, Why Tuesdays Make Me Sad

Well, I usually am not a fan of knitting things without a pattern, however, I managed to make this soap cozy below with only the dimensions of my bar of soap to guide me. I made no plans, I wrote nothing down, I simply knitted with my DPNs and some cotton yarn and made a Mother's Day present.

Inside is a bar of lavender soap...
...there will also be lavender bath salts and a lavender scented eye pillow made, also, with just my imagination. There will need to be a pattern created for that, just so I can know how to cut the pieces out, but really, there is flying by the seat of my pants going on over here in large portions.
Also, today is Tuesday, which means that I wake up knowing The Shied is on tonight and that I have to wait until at least tomorrow to be able to download it off Amazon. Kind of makes me happy and sad at the same time.
Patience is a virtue, catch it if you can..seldom in a woman, never in a man.
Ain't that the truth.
Oh, you may have noticed, there are pictures on the blog again. Camera fairies came and fixed my camera, seriously. I didn't use it for about a month, picked it up one day just to see what was going on, it took focused pictures AND the picture downloading software is working again on my computer - I take this as a sign that the Universe is awarding my not spending $$ for a new camera, aka my super cheapness. Either way, long live the FinePix. Long may she take nice pictures of pretty knitting. Tomorrow, baby sweater pictures!!

No comments: