Tuesday, June 12, 2007

6AM

No matter what I do, Kendall wakes up and demands to be taken out at exactly 6am every morning when HNB has managed to, er, um, fall asleep on the sofa - yeah that's it! he sleeps on the sofa! The jig is up, I am Trampy McTrampants, he is completely snuggled with me in my fluffy down bed.

Any way, the dog is driving me insane. Today for example, although I do not have to be at work until 11:30, the dog got up a 6, HNB and I slept in a little longer, but were both awake, dressed and drinking tea on the futon by 7:20...that crap ain't right! Any suggestions besides shipping the dog off to his gandmama's house would be appreciated.

On a knitting note, the wedding shawl isn't finished, but I did buy a few skeins of sock yarn and a wonderful book yesterday. HNB came over after I got my haircut and we went to the grocery store and got stuff to make chickpea burgers with, and then he cooked for me (have I mentioned how freakin' wonderful he is??), it was hard to not start knitting and stay in the kitchen keeping him company and showing him where all of my obviously inferior cooking utensils are. At one point, he looked at me and said "Is that the pan you really want me to use?" which he then clarified to mean "That's the only pan you have, right? This one?"

I took the opportunity to advise him that yes, it was the only pan that I had, and that Hello, dude - I DON'T COOK!!!!

That seemed to clear up some confusion.

I am doing WWWdotWEDNESDAYdotCOM a day early because tomorrow is my birthday!! Last one I am having, as I will be turning 29, after this year, we will be celebrating anniversaries of my original 29th birthday. For example, I will not turn 30 next year, we will celebrate 29 the year, part II. Feel free to hop on my delusion train, there's plenty of room for you and your knitting!

Oh, yeah, this weeks post is a little bit of a cop out, BUT the new Knitty is up and I think that is noteworthy. I didn't get a chance to really look through all the patterns, but I am sure I'll find something I want to make!

Off to work, the accident with the kayak is getting fixed today and I need to find some clothes and pack a lunch and a bag of knitting tricks! You know how I roll...with a thirty pound bag filled with crap...just like my mom! Peace out peeps - pictures to follow of the new haircut and lace blocking as soon as the auto focus gets itself fixed on the camera (think happy FinePix thoughts today!).

No comments: