Friday, June 8, 2007

Oopsy Poopsy

Sorry I disappeared all week. The elderly people at work have been a touch, well, disgruntled would be putting it mildly. I think someone spiked the prune juice.

At any rate, I didn't want you to worry that I cooked Monday and killed HNB with my cooking skills or burned down the apartment with my lack of cooking skills. We went out for dinner thankyouverymuch because I had promised the man food, I just preferred to pay to have someone else cook it for him.

To explain my absences, I will tell the story of the week in pictures.
I bought this on Saturday. There was a little accident getting it in the car, good story to follow in another post.

Look, here it is again:



See how sexy it looks sitting on the carpet in my apartment. It looked even sexier when I fell out of it and into the river after my paddling class Wednesday night. Good times.

This is the finished pink shawl from last post which demanded my attention all weekend, look at the pretty, pretty beads! FYI, getting glass beads on cotton 5 ply yarn, NOT the easiest thing to do.


As you can tell, it is unblocked. I finished it, promptly decided it doesn't really go with the dress intended for the evening,


And last night I took a trip to AC Moore, bought four skeins of Lion Brand Moonlight Madness, and began this ...


...and of course a picture of the new wrap in the sunshine. Once it is blocked out, twill be loverly!

But mostly the reason I haven't been blogging, is because the guy who left this ....


...on my obviously very dirty end table, makes me happy and I kinda just want to spend all the time with him I can. You can tell this by the empty knitting basket, the dirty glass on the end table and the fact that my legs are shaved.
I mean seriously, you guys understand, right?




No comments: