Monday, March 26, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray for Mondays!

Yeah, not really in the mood for today, so I am faking it. The alarm went off at 6am (hey, I am trying to be more productive), so I of course woke up and hit the snooze for another 30 minutes. Not that it mattered because El perro malo decided that it was time for him to get up, go in and out and in and out of the covers and try to sit on my head.

Yeah....

So I woke up, and discovered that my chin is trying to grow another head for me. I have the largest, most painful pimple-y thing. One of those blind ones that really hurts and makes me just want to stay in the house and hide all day with my knitting. But, I am already leaving work early to go the eye doctor's this week, and I can't really afford another sick day, especially one for a pimple, so...Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Off To Work I Go.

But, I am bringing new yarn to cast on for a new project, the Felted Messenger bag from Knitting for Peace (NOT Peace Knits as I am so apt to call it). Simple garter and stockinette in the round, moron knitting perfect for work. I have a hard time with the sock knitting at work because the DPNs get caught in my fingerless mitts of alpaca joy and then they don't work too good, so I need larger needles, preferably circulars, to avoid the problem.

Well, I gots to go get ready for work. There is no need to do my hair today gentle readers, because I have date hair left over from yesterday. Yes, you read that correctly: I had a date yesterday with a boy who was attractive, tall, smart and not at all weird, and the kick in the arse is that I had a good time! Keep your fingers (and your needles) crossed, this could lead to my first second date in over a year! Damn, this might REALLY cut into the knitting time...maybe we could go to the yarn shop for our second date, think he'd like that??

PS - My restraint overwhelms me. I neither ordered cable, nor purchased a new digital camera, even though it is apparent that I NEED them both. Aren't you proud, I know I am!

No comments: