Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Heart Winter, NOT!

Yeah, it snowed...boy o boy did it snow. At least principal snowfall has ended, now we just get to deal with the blowing and drifting. Somebody, please, tell me why I don't move someplace warm, or run away to be a massage therapist on a cruise ship. Somebody, please??

At any rate, they let us out of work at 1pm yesterday, which would have been a lovely gesture had we not been spending all morning watching from the sixth floor windows as all sorts of cars and SUVs got stuck in the snow in the flat parking lot. Kind of a bad sign when a SUV can't get through snow on a flat surface, maybe that would have been a good time to send us home. It took me almost 30 minutes to drive 5 miles, but I made it home safe and sound.

Once nestled inside my warm and cozy abode (haha, snicker, snicker - You all know the only time my "abode" is ever warm and cozy is when it's summer and I am too cheap to turn on the AC, right? It was a rockin' 62* in here as usual.), I watched Fight Club and knit my little heart out in honor of Valentine's day. I finished the long ago forgotten about bag I started last summer. It definitely needs to be felted, but I have a terrible feeling that one of the yarns I used may not be 100% wool, so the felting might not happen. I have a rescue plan devised if it wont felt, which involves picking up stitches and adding a seed stitch border and re-doing the handle in seed stitch also. (And please don't worry, I am going to make a swatch to felt before I throw the whole darn thing in the washer, geez, I'm not that much of a newbie...)

All a knitter needs is a plan, right? Happy knitting kids, I for the second time in two days, get to go shovel off the car. Drive safe, and knit wildly! Peace out.

No comments: