Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday in bed

I woke up this morning, right at 9am and had that funny feeling that I had slept in. Such a wonderful feeling...

After taking Mr. Kendall out to tinkle, I decided to declare Saturday in bed day, and have promptly amassed every thing I need to spend the rest of the day in bed - my laptop, my knitting, a whole bunch of books, and of course, a snuggly Mr. Kendall.

It is going to be a good day!

I am going to knit, and write, and read, and listen to NPR, and heat up some vegetarian pasta e fagioli soup later with some crusty bread. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

On another positive note, I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends from massage school last night, and not only did I not order an entree that had meat in it, I didn't want to order an entree that had meat in it, and to be blunt, we are currently in the one week out of the month wherein I usually demand to be fed meat. Most frequently, it is red meat too.

I think I have been eating vegetarian for a while now, just not consciously. I think the last time I sat down to eat something and knew it contained meat was almost a month ago, and let me tell you, I got hella-sick the next day (damn chicken sandwich tasted good though!). We'll see how well this all goes over the next time I visit my family! Crazy liberal knitting veggie daughter with lots of dirty laundry and a dog with a small bladder, ah, my parents love me!

Happy knitting peeps - I'm going to go make myself some breakfast, and bring it right back into bed with me! Peace ; )

PS - Still having problems with posting pics, not the lest of which is I am having camera problems. I posted a comment on the Google message board, so hopefully someone can help me help myself. Wish me luck!

No comments: